“There's nothing to be gained by second-guessing yourself. You can't remake the past. So look ahead… or risk being left behind.”
-Vala Mal Duran

Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Mission Call!

I finally got my mission call! (OK, so it's only been two and half weeks, but it felt forever and no time at all at the same time.) I am going to the Pennsylvania, Harrisburg Mission. And I report for the MTC on January 2, 2008! The butterflies in my stomach are much better now. This morning before I found out where I was going they were going absolutely crazy, because I knew I was getting my call today and I wanted to know where. My mom finally called me at about 3:30 and told me it had come. So I talked my supervisor into letting me run home and see it really quick and then come back. I think my mom was a little surprised at how fast I ran through the door. I also had to brace my self against the wall to make the sharp turn to run down the stairs so I could get to my room, where my mom had placed the life-changing envelope on my bed. (Wow, that was likely a VERY run-on sentence. Oh well.) As I had already planned, I read the letter by myself and then told everyone else. I, of course, told my mother first, as she was right there. Then I called my dad and told him. Then I called whoever I could think of. Some people didn't answer, but I left a message that I had news and to call me back. Most people knew what I was talking about, but some were a little confused until I clued them in. All in all, my afternoon was most eventful.

No comments: