“There's nothing to be gained by second-guessing yourself. You can't remake the past. So look ahead… or risk being left behind.”
-Vala Mal Duran

Monday, September 28, 2009

The Lathe Spins

The lathe keeps spinning around and around

Its hard to remember its not tearing me down.

I need to remember Ive been sent to this land

To be turned and molded by the masters hand.


Remember the sawdust falling to the ground.

Remember how fast the lathe must spin around.

Remember that though lifes been rough in the past,

Remember that troubles were not meant to last.


The conflict inside me is fighting to win.

At times I really just want to give in.

But when I cant stand it, I fall to my knees,

And cry out to God a tear filled, Please!


Please help me! I cry with all of my might.

Help me to know and to do what is right.

Help me to follow thy path and thy will.

Help me be calm and help me be still.


A loving assurance of hope indeed shows,

As I feel an amazing serenity grow.

The Savior will help me. He wont let me down.

But I know that the lathe must always spin round.

No comments: