“There's nothing to be gained by second-guessing yourself. You can't remake the past. So look ahead… or risk being left behind.”
-Vala Mal Duran

Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Musings

So for the past week I have been incredibly depressed. A lot of that has to do with the fact that I feel like there's absolutely nothing going on in my head. Last night I was thinking of how ironic that was. Much of the time, people complain that their head hurts because they have too much that they need to think about, they wish there was just one thought going through there at a time. But I can tell you, it's not a feeling you actually want to experience. It's like being in a huge room all by yourself. At first, it's nice. You're enjoying the silence and solitude. But after being there for a few days and no one else is there, it starts getting lonely. You're stuck in this gigantic room, and although there is plenty of space, it now feels like too much space. There's a lack of social interaction that a person desperately needs to function properly. That's how I've felt for the last week. Is it any wonder that I've been depressed?
While I'm working on my stories, it's actually kind of nice since then all I have going on in there is my story and I am able to concentrate fully. However, when that's not what is going through my head, and instead it's something else, or even worse, nothing at all, it's horrible. Sunday afternoon, I went for a few hours in which I seriously couldn't actually think of anything! There was nothing going through my head, and if there was anything going through there, that's all it was doing, going through. In one side and out the other. And there were complete minutes at a time when I would just stare into space, which is all my head was filled with.
I have a thought as to what has caused this obnoxious turn of events. The only thing I have changed in my life that could possibly have done this is: I started drinking more Dr. Pepper. There are days when I have three or four cans - all in a row. I don't actually know if that's a side effect of the caffeine, but it seems like the only plausible option.
So I'm going to stave off of caffeine for a while so that I can find out. If this continues, I'll know it wasn't the Dr Pepper and I'll happily go back to drinking it. :D However, if my suspicions turn out to be correct, I will once again switch over fully to Cream Soda. The experiment begins today.

No comments: