“There's nothing to be gained by second-guessing yourself. You can't remake the past. So look ahead… or risk being left behind.”
-Vala Mal Duran

Sunday, September 7, 2008

Annoyance

So, I've been trying to work on my book, Portals, ever since I got home. It's definitely alluding me. The problem is that I have begun yet another book. This one is annoying because I don't know where it's headed. It just started writing itself in my head. So I had to get it down on paper. I've found that unless I get it down on paper, it keeps pounding in my head until I either go insane, or I write it down. But if I wait too long, it's not as good as if I write it right then. So I write.
I have a goal of finishing Portals by the end of the year and I would really like to send it into a publisher and see if I can get it published, but if I can't write it, I can't send it. So that's my annoyance at my brain.
Any ideas on how to help me would be much appreciated. :)

2 comments:

Heather Jones said...

I wait to read the finished Portals! that will be sooooo exciting!!

Aubstar said...

Apparently portals isn't the only thing you haven't been writing.

I miss you on your blog, honey.

Writer's block for me is just a matter of detaching and distracting. Just move on, and come back to it later. Your writing will seem less forced and more natural that way.

Atleast that's how it works for me.