“There's nothing to be gained by second-guessing yourself. You can't remake the past. So look ahead… or risk being left behind.”
-Vala Mal Duran

Thursday, November 13, 2008

Indestructible

Well, As Aubrey pointed out, I have been very lax on my blog. Sorry about that. Life has been interesting these last two months since I wrote. I started taking Taekwondo, which for the record is AWESOME! I'm absolutely loving it. I also started a new book which I have decided to call Indestructible (thus the name). I haven't gotten as far as I might like to have, but considering how much I've worked on it, it's going a lot faster than the Jeneal Bauman trilogy. That's still going a grand total of nowhere. And it's still driving me nuts. Why can't I just write when I want to? I think I've written maybe a page in Portals since I wrote here last. It's driving me crazy! But I've written about six pages on Indestructible, so it's kind of making up for it. Kind of.
The other reason for the name of this entry is because of my favorite song, which I actually heard after I named my book, but is also entitled indestructible, by Disturbed. It's just a great song. I finally learned all the words and can almost talk fast enough to sing along with it. Metal songs are generally pretty fast songs. But it makes me happy every time I listen to it.
Right now I'm sitting next to my incredibly cute adopted niece. I call her adopted because while her mother is not actually my sister, she might as well be. I'm glad to have the extra family.
I've also recently become a Mary Kay consultant. Which means that I have a lot to learn and I need a lot of faces to practice on. It will be interesting to see if this all works out. I'm a little nervous, since I've never done anything like this before in my life. Hopefully I learn quickly.
So I guess I've now updated everything. It shouldn't take me two months to write another post next time, I promise. I don't know when the next one will be, but it will happen soon.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

ummmmmmm.... So I think there maybe some other things you can update us on...eh?