“There's nothing to be gained by second-guessing yourself. You can't remake the past. So look ahead… or risk being left behind.”
-Vala Mal Duran

Thursday, July 2, 2009

Home

I'm coming home. I leave tonight at about 11 and my plane lands in Utah at about 08:30 tomorrow morning. I will be going through Denver on the way.
I'm quite excited to be going home. I've loved Alaska. It's an absolutely great place. And I think it would be fun to try to come back next summer with a different position (Maybe a tour director). But, in the meantime, I did what I set out to do. I moved to Alaska! I had an adventure! I met people from all over the world and shared a bit of the gospel with a couple people (not guests, that would have gotten me in trouble O.o). And in the two months that I lived here, I pretty much had an entire summer experience. I lived in about four different places at different times, I traveled all over the lower half of the state, I rode on a train, a bush plane, and a cruise boat. I have nothing to complain about except for the fact that I missed my opportunity to ride in a helicopter. It was a great two months and I have no regrets.

No comments: