“There's nothing to be gained by second-guessing yourself. You can't remake the past. So look ahead… or risk being left behind.”
-Vala Mal Duran

Thursday, October 15, 2009

New Job

So, I'm very much enjoying my job. I drive people around all morning and get to listen to them tell me about their lives while I'm at it. Today we were listening to some Hindi music I put on, and one of the residents told me about a friend of hers that was a belly dancer. I also learned that another resident's daughter lived in India for a while there and now lives in Singapore. They also all tease me mercilessly. :D I tease them right back, of course, so we get along great. Eventually, I will know everyone's names but it is going to take a while, and I probably won't ever know the ones that don't ride the bus on a regular basis. There are at least fifty residents in that home. Give me time.
In the meantime, it feels amazing to finally have a smile on my face when I leave work. I walked home from work one day (my car's almost out of gas), and I was slightly amazed at how happy I was. There haven't been a lot of jobs in my life that I've felt this good about when leaving. I even like my bosses. They're currently on a cruise. (Jealous!)
Just thought I'd throw this out as an update to my life. Good times.

No comments: