“There's nothing to be gained by second-guessing yourself. You can't remake the past. So look ahead… or risk being left behind.”
-Vala Mal Duran

Monday, April 26, 2010

Pop Tabs

On Thursday afternoon, Rachelle and I went to the recycling place on Geneva Road, and I purchased 25 pounds of pop tabs.  There are several projects I'm going to attempt to do with them, although it's proving slightly more difficult than I originally anticipated.
But, to the odd point I'm trying to make: We found the most random stuff mixed in with the pop tabs.  Things like pennies and dimes weren't actually that surprising, but we also found four foreign coins (which I promptly added to my collection), a quarter, a little bell, and a ring.
It's an absolutely gorgeous ring, and at first we thought it was real.  I took it to show to my mom, and she informed us that no real gems were pink, so it couldn't be real. (It has 5 pink gems, and ten diamond colored gems.)  So I didn't think anything of it, especially since it fit me perfectly.  So I went on with life.  Until this morning when I found out it's possible to have pink sapphires.  That kinda freaked me out, and then I could rest until I had found out for sure that it was fake.  Fortunately, I was able to go to a jewelers, and ask.  He informed me that it was, in fact, fake; and then gave me a really weird look when I sighed with relief and said good.  I'd been contemplating of how I would be able to find the person this belonged to if it was real and all the options I had weren't very feasible.  But, since it's fake and likely only worth a couple of dollars, I'm not too concerned anymore.  Hallelujah.

No comments: