“There's nothing to be gained by second-guessing yourself. You can't remake the past. So look ahead… or risk being left behind.”
-Vala Mal Duran

Friday, April 16, 2010

Blameless

This is an excerpt from Eternal Choices.  It's also my belief if vampires actually existed.

    “What about God?  Don’t vampires believe they’re all going straight to hell?”
    Nathaniel grinned.  How many times had he imagined having a conversation just like this one?
    “Some do.  Personally, I don’t.  I don’t believe God would hold me guilty for an action I had no control over. Isaac turned me.  I believe he’ll be judged for that, all the others he turned, and all those he killed, including my wife and child.  But I think God will only hold us guilty for what we have done by choice. I have never killed anyone, and I have never turned anyone.  I have tried to live the way I was taught when I was still human.  I feel blameless before God.  I plan to stay that way.”
    Sierra nodded. “I think I like that way of thinking.”

2 comments:

Tierra said...

Did you just say that you think vampires are/were real?

KD7TYY said...

No. Did you miss the IF word. I said IF vampires were real.