“There's nothing to be gained by second-guessing yourself. You can't remake the past. So look ahead… or risk being left behind.”
-Vala Mal Duran

Monday, August 25, 2008

Phones and more spiders


Well, I now officially have three phones! It's actually driving me nuts. I really don't want to use this "tracfone" thing, but right now I don't have a choice since I can't sign another contract until I know for sure whether or not I'm staying here. So I once again, have a bar phone. I got rid of my other one for a reason! And it this one is anything like Angela's (which I must assume it is, since it's identical) I don't like talking on it. :P But at least I'll have a phone. I just wish I could use my other one. I LOVE my other phone. I even liked my Cricket phone more than I like this one. Ugh. Oh well.

Well, I had a request on the "pouncing spider" story, so I'll tell it to you. I was sitting on Sister Turcotte's porch, talking to her and Sister Fry, when I happened to look over and I saw the above spider crawling across her banister. It's not a very pretty spider, so I was commenting on how ugly it was when it turned and looked at me. I mean, I SERIOUSLY felt like we locked eyes. (Ever locked eyes with a spider? CREEPY!) Anyway, it started wiggling it's butt up and down and just as I was about to laugh and say, "It looks like it's about to pounce me", it DID! I'll be honest, I screamed like a little girl and jumped up and shook myself really hard, just to make sure it wasn't on me. Then I looked at the chair I had been sitting on and there it was. I had to take a picture. Sister Fry and Sister Turcotte were both laughing at me pretty hard and Sister Fry said I probably shouldn't have called it ugly. She's probably right.

No comments: