“There's nothing to be gained by second-guessing yourself. You can't remake the past. So look ahead… or risk being left behind.”
-Vala Mal Duran

Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Good News!

First off. I'm 23! Weird. My birthday was on Saturday, and while it was intensely boring, it was also really nice. With the money my grandparents gave me, I bought myself the book Inkheart, which is proving to be a very good read. I'm enjoying it a lot. I also got incredibly comfy shoes from my little sister, and nativity set from my parents (yes, that does make sense, because I collect them), and the first season of Samantha Who? from my friend, Heather. I haven't begun watching it yet, because I was finishing up Farscape, but I'm done with Farscape now, and I can move onto a new series. Looks like that will be Samantha Who? - I'll let you know what I think.
On Sunday, I got a bill from Etsy saying I actually owed them money. Which was weird to me, since they didn't want me to pay them until I owed them over $1, and I'd stayed at $.80 for a few months. Well, come to find out, I had sold two of my wands in the last month. One to Norway, and one to Spain. So I got the money for them, and sent them off yesterday. It was kind of exciting to realize that my wands were on their way to Europe.
Yesterday I got a call from Princess Tours, telling me that orientation begins this Saturday. YAY! I'm actually going to be learning something! Between now and then, however, I'm supposed to get a drug test, my CDL permit, and a physical (although they told me I could wait a little bit on the physical, since they told me so late). So now I need to study my little heart out so that I'll be smart enough to take the permit test. That also sounds like a lot of fun. My life has been so boring lately that anything is welcome.
The only bad news I've gotten the last little bit is that in order to fix my windshield wipers, they have to get an entirely new part, which will cost about $200. I don't really have $200. So this could be interesting. But hopefully that's all they'll need to do, so that should be good.

No comments: