“There's nothing to be gained by second-guessing yourself. You can't remake the past. So look ahead… or risk being left behind.”
-Vala Mal Duran

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Six Months Later

In two days I'll have been home from my mission for six months. For the record, that's insane! The time has absolutely flown by. But as I look at the last six months, I'm amazed at how much I changed in what seems like such a tiny little time. Then to look at how much I've changed in the last year I'm flabbergasted. I went from not knowing who I was at all, to knowing myself well enough that no one can change me from me. For the first time in my life, I'm not depressed. For the first time, I don't have ten different voices in my head telling me to do different things. I only hear me. And to think that at one point I looked down on medication and therapy for depression. Trust me, never again. It did wonders for me! I am content.

No comments: