“There's nothing to be gained by second-guessing yourself. You can't remake the past. So look ahead… or risk being left behind.”
-Vala Mal Duran

Saturday, June 20, 2009

Now What?

It's official. I got into my third "incident" today. And though they were all very minor incidents, all just including mirrors and none with any horrible damage, I have lost my job.
I saw it coming. How can you get into two incidents in less than a month and not be worried there'd be a third soon? I don't know why this has happened though. If I can't focus enough to see what's around a coach, what CAN I focus on? What am I good enough at that I can make it a career? And why am I always good at the things I don't enjoy and can't seem to get good at the things I do? The only thing I like doing and am good at is sewing. But I can't think of a job I'd like in that.
So here's the question. What do I do now? Do I try to get a job as a guest service host even though that job looks so boring to me that I might shoot myself if I'm doing it? Or do I spend the money to come home and search for a job I might not like either? Or do I finally just give into the urge to get in my car and just keep driving until I can't anymore? That urge has been with me ever since I bought my first car and has been gone for a month and a half as I finally, for the first time in my life, had a job I absolutely loved. But it's come back full force. How can I go through life feeling like this? Like there's something inside of me that's missing and I might just find it around the next bend. Maybe that's why I want to travel so much. Where do I find the missing piece of my heart if I can't find it in the temple, at church, or at home? It wasn't on my mission, it isn't here in Alaska. How do I exist if I can't actually finish anything? I hop from thing to thing, hoping that this is where I'll find comfort, but it doesn't come. Not the kind I'm looking for. Not the kind that will fill the hole in my heart that formed in some mysterious way.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

maybe its inside you. Have you looked there yet?