“There's nothing to be gained by second-guessing yourself. You can't remake the past. So look ahead… or risk being left behind.”
-Vala Mal Duran

Thursday, December 31, 2009

2009

With the end of the year quickly approaching, I've been thinking about the many new experiences I've had this year.
I went to Mesa, Arizona. I saw the Hoover Dam and the Grand Canyon. I went to Alaska and lived there for two months. I saw Mount Denali - the tallest above sea level mountain in the world (counting from base to top, not from sea level to top). I kissed three guys. I finally finished "Portals", which I've been working on since seventh grade. I had a boyfriend (kind of). I lost not only one, but three of the four jobs I had this year.
Summing my year up like that makes it seem a lot less than it was. Weird.
I also learned a lot about myself through these experiences. I grew so much this year. I'm a completely different person than I was a year ago. It's rather amazing.

No comments: