“There's nothing to be gained by second-guessing yourself. You can't remake the past. So look ahead… or risk being left behind.”
-Vala Mal Duran

Friday, January 1, 2010

2010 Resolutions


A new year begins. So many people are looking forward, planning what they will do this year to improve their lives. I am, of course, doing the same thing. There are many things I would like to do before this year is over. I would like to get a job. I would like to pay off my debts. I'd like to move out. I would like to get Portals published. I would like to get in shape so I can run up stairs without getting winded . . .
But the true question becomes, how do I get myself to not only remember these goals, but actually follow through with them?
The truth is, I don't know the answer to this question. I will occasionally have bouts of motivation that seem to come out of nowhere, but don't last very long. Obviously, the job one is going to be one that it will be easy to remember. With my debts staring me in the face, that won't be difficult either. Those ones will mostly be trying to figure out how to get them accomplished. I've started a 12 step program on how to get my life into a decent, independent, and happy one. The first two steps are sleep better and eat better. I'm doing well with that second one, but the former is alluding me. I'd like to start going to bed before midnight and getting up before 8 am. The last little while, I've been going to bed around one and the earliest and getting up around 10 or 11. Except last night when I didn't go to bed until 9:30am. Although I did get about a half an hour nap in the car at about 8:30.
So, the plan is to improve my life this year. I'll keep you updated on whole that's going.

No comments: