“There's nothing to be gained by second-guessing yourself. You can't remake the past. So look ahead… or risk being left behind.”
-Vala Mal Duran

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Monotony

*sigh* I'm so tired of the monotony that is my life.  I started volunteering at the hospital yesterday, which is amazing and will hopefully take a little of the boredom out of me.  But it's only once a week for three hours.  Three more hours for church, and then hopefully I'll spend eight hours a day sleeping, but that still leaves me with one hundred and nine hours that I need to fill.  What do I do with them?  Right now, most of them are spent being bored.  I need a job.  Or at least something to do.  I try to spend time daily on Portals and add more to it, edit it, and make it just all around better, but there's only so long that I can deal with it before having to set it aside because I'm sick of my own book.  That's a little sad, isn't it?
So I fill out applications, I work to get my resume better, I even went to the career workshop at the LDS Employment Center a few weeks ago.  Does any of it help me?  Nope.  I'm still sitting here, unemployed and bored.  I am going to try to use this extra time on my hands to exercise and make the most of it, but that even get boring after a while.  So that's the next step in my plan to get my life in order.  Apply at every place I possibly can so that I can start making money and stop being so bored.  I would really like to get out of Utah again, but there's no way to do so as far as I can see right now.  Which is slightly depressing.

2 comments:

Marsha Loftis said...

boredum sometimes overtakes us all even those of us will full time jobs. Hopefully, you will get a job soon. My son is job hunting.

Heather Jones said...

you can do it! I believe in you!!