“There's nothing to be gained by second-guessing yourself. You can't remake the past. So look ahead… or risk being left behind.”
-Vala Mal Duran

Saturday, January 9, 2010

Once again, depression

I was off of my depression medication for about a week now, because it took me that long to gather the money together that I needed in order to get it. I can feel the depression pushing into me, like a dog pushing his nose against you, begging for attention.  I try my hardest to ignore it, but it's often impossible.  But I do everything I can.  I try.  But there are days that it simply overwhelms me.  There are days when I just don't think I can do it anymore and want to curl up in a ball and lie on my bed until the pain goes away.  Logically, I know that won't help, which is why I don't do it.  But the pain that encompasses me, stabbing into my heart like a red-hot knife, threatens to be too much for my mind to push way.  The dog is getting bigger, his nose getting harder, and soon, if something doesn't happen, he will tackle me, and I'll retreat into myself to get away.  I don't want to do that.
But what else can I do?  I know the additional medicine would help; life was heavenly for the month I was on it.  But I haven't even called my doctor's office to ask them to send in the prescription to my pharmacy.  Why?  Because I don't have the ten dollars it would take to pay for it.  I need to go to the dentist to get a cavity filled.  But I don't have the fifteen dollar co-pay.  Because for some, stupid reason that no one has decided to let me know, no one wants to hire me.  I have put out so many applications and resumes, I wouldn't be surprised if half of this county has me on file, if they keep a file.  But do they call?  No.  Why?
I'm a very qualified person.  I've got over five years of customer service experience.  I have my CDL.  I've worked in health care capacities.  Over the years I've worked in so many different jobs, that you would think that people would see that I can learn quickly.  But then, they probably look and notice that the longest I've ever held down a job is eight months before I quit because I was needing to do something else, and they disregard me.  I would say that the only thing keeping me sane right now is my volunteer work at the hospital, but to be perfectly honest, I'm not sure I would qualify myself as sane right now.  I'm something else entirely. I'm not fully insane, but I can feel myself pushing that direction.  So, if something doesn't happen soon, and you find me curled up in a ball on my bad and refuse to move. . . you know why.  Get me ice cream or something and leave me be.  Or find me a job.

No comments: