“There's nothing to be gained by second-guessing yourself. You can't remake the past. So look ahead… or risk being left behind.”
-Vala Mal Duran

Monday, September 17, 2007

Dentist appointment

I had a dentist appointment today. I had to get temporary caps on two of my teeth. It was funny because while listening to the doctor drill my teeth down to practically nothing (or perhaps to keep my mind off of the fact that he was drilling my teeth down to nothing - I really like my teeth), I ran through several episodes of Stargate. That or I almost feel asleep. I was bouncing back and forth between the two. The appointment took an hour and a half. But I now have the temporary teeth. The one on the left is silver, so for two weeks I can brag about having a silver tooth. Of course, after that I will have permanent caps that match my others, so that won't be as fun. But much more practical. And I do like practical. Sometimes. I also found out that my dad has a gold tooth. Which is something I never knew before. It's funny how you can know someone for almost 22 years and just find out new things about them. Of course, my dad can also burp the alphabet - a talent my mom only found out about a few years ago, when Angela and I did, so that's even longer. Odd how that works. But I think he was purposely hiding it from her. She wasn't very impressed. :)

No comments: