“There's nothing to be gained by second-guessing yourself. You can't remake the past. So look ahead… or risk being left behind.”
-Vala Mal Duran

Sunday, September 2, 2007

Engagement and Missions

Today was kind of boring. It was Fast Sunday, and my body decided right after Sunday School that it didn't want me fasting anymore and gave me quite a bit of pain. I'm still in some. But I should be fine. I'm hoping that it was just my body still adjusting to the fact that I don't have a gallbladder and that I can fast someday. My dad can't. Argh.

Tierra and Jason showed up at ward prayer and she was showing off a new ring. She and Jason are getting married December 27th. Sad thing, I might be on my mission by then. I'm going to try to push my papers through as fast as possible. I hope to at least have my call by November 28th when Richard gets home, but I might be gone by then too. Probably not, and part of me is hoping not, because I would like to see him before I go, but I know he'd be all for me going as soon as possible. If I'm not gone, I'm not going to tell him I have my call and then when I see him at the airport I'm going to hug him and then hand it to him. not quite as sneaky as how he told me, but it's as good as I can do since he already knows I'm working on my papers. I'm not as good as he is at keeping my own secrets. He didn't tell anyone but my parents that he was working on his papers until he got his call. When he e-mailed me and told me, the subject line was "Yo, Sis. What up?" Then he proceeded to tell me about this letter he got in the mail that said - and he quoted it. I was slightly stunned, to say the least. Whitney and Riley couldn't figure out what was wrong and it was about a minute before I could tell them. So, my telling him won't be as cool as his, but it should be fun. I just have to tell everyone not to tell him first.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wow... you really are planning on leaving soon... and no offense, but i got so many pages and stuff to monitor with work, that i dont think I can keep track of another one...lol... but hey i'll figure out something... oh btw where do you want to go on your mission? and tell tierra congrats for me.