“There's nothing to be gained by second-guessing yourself. You can't remake the past. So look ahead… or risk being left behind.”
-Vala Mal Duran

Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Cross my fingers and hope to move!

I had my job interview for the job with Princess Tours today and have another one scheduled for tomorrow. I'm thoroughly excited and honestly just got more excited the more he told me about it. I applied in Anchorage, which it sounds like is sort of the central hub for the Alaska section. As a bus driver, I may get the opportunity to go to the other resorts for a sort time as well, since one of them is 400 miles away, and I don't know how far the others are. I can't believe I'm going to be driving a greyhound type bus. Can you see me handling that large of a vehicle? I'm used to Freya, who's, quite frankly, fairly small. I can't wait. My mom says I have to get my stomach problems under control or I can't go (which is completely understandable), but I really think I've just got an ulcer. I haven't had too bad of pain since Sunday, and I discovered that day that milk (which is an antacid) helps immensely. Which leads me to believe that it's an ulcer. So, I should have it fixed by the time I leave, and have no problems. I will, of course, have to continue to take antacids every day (maybe even more than one time per day), but as long as I do that, and avoid incredibly acidic foods (like onions! :'( sniff), I should be just fine. In a jam, I can always toss back a teaspoon of vinegar, which has, for some odd reason, really helped in the past. I'm not sure why though. Weird.
So that's my latest news. Now I just have to figure out how to fit my entire life into my tiny little car. What can I take, and what do I have to leave home? We'll find out.

2 comments:

Aubstar said...

I've heard in the past that the reason that Vinegar helps with heartburn and acid reflux (are those the same?) is because the stomach has a precarious balance of acidity it has to keep.

So, sometimes it hurts because you don't have ENOUGH acid. Which is why vinegar works.

Or atleast that's what my uncle tells me. But, he's not an authority on the subject or anything.

I really hope that this job pans out. I think it would be really good for you to get out of Utah.

Anonymous said...

Hooray for your job. I am sure you got it! And I am sure that you will be healthy enough to go! And yes, you were meant for bigger things, buses included. =) Heather