“There's nothing to be gained by second-guessing yourself. You can't remake the past. So look ahead… or risk being left behind.”
-Vala Mal Duran

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

What to do?

So, sorry about my last post. I hope no one minded my ranting. It was a little whiny, wasn't it? Oh well.
I went to TKD again tonight. Everyone was excited to see me back after having been gone for two weeks. The problem is, I'm contemplating quitting until October. I've got a job interview tomorrow for the Alaska job and if I get that, I'm going to need all the money I can get so that I can pay for my trip up there and first month of rent and deposit on my apartment. If I continue TKD, I'm out $300 by April. That's almost enough for the whole deposit right there. Or at least to pay for the trip up there. I'm planning on stopping in Gaston, Oregon to visit my MTC companion, then Forks, Washington - just because it's on the way and I CAN! Then, if she'll let me, spend a few days in Victoria and Vancouver, Canada with another former companion (I haven't had a chance to talk to her about it, as she doesn't get home until next week). So I have to get a passport, which will cost $100 by itself, and pay for the trip, at the very least! I just don't think I can spend any money I don't absolutely have to.
The problem is, I don't know if this is me being logical and sacrificing something I want for something I want more. . . Or if it's just the depression talking, trying to make me sit on my butt al day long crocheting or embroidering. TKD is good for me, and when I first started I was having a lot of fun. But tonight, I didn't so much. And then the heater kicked on, and I don't know WHAT it was, but something sturred in the air, filling the room with some sort of fragrance and effectively making it so I couldn't breathe. Do you have any idea how difficult it is to do kicks when you can't breathe? Even when they turned the heater off, the damage had been done, the headache was beginning, and I felt sick to my stomach. Typical reaction to a fragrance I'm allergic to. I hate allergies.
So that's my story. Any suggestion, advice, or even degrading remarks are welcomed.

No comments: