“There's nothing to be gained by second-guessing yourself. You can't remake the past. So look ahead… or risk being left behind.”
-Vala Mal Duran

Friday, December 12, 2008

What the heck?

I have not, as of late, been feeling very well. I finally called the doctor yesterday and got in last night. Why it took me so long to call was because it is just the same pain as I've had for five years. Except it seems to be coming back with an even harder vengeance than before. I hate going to the doctor and not being able to really tell him anything other than "I know there's something wrong with me, I just don't know what". It's getting tedious. Generally, when I go and see him, the pain happens to be gone and no matter where he pushes, it doesn't hurt. Which doesn't help him with his diagnostic. Fortunately (or unfortunately for my stomach) the pain came back while I was waiting in the lobby. It hurt, but at least he was able to make a diagnostic. And it was . . . IBS. Can you believe that? I hate that diagnostic. My aunt just went through a whole slew of tests for them to finally decide that's what was wrong with here. But basically, that's just a fancy way of saying "Sorry, we have absolutely no idea what's wrong with you. Take in more fiber and if you notice something makes the pain worse, don't eat it." Wow. Thanks for that. I never would have thought to not eat something if it hurts to eat it! How amazing! I can't complain too bad, though, he did give me something for the abdominal pain I've been having, which feels like a knife right below my sternum. You know, where you'd do the Heimlich maneuver? He decided that was muscle pain, and prescribed some Levsin, which you're supposed to let dissolve under your tongue, but tastes absolutely nasty. When I saw on the instructions that it would be chewed or swallowed as well, I quickly took the swallowing route. He also gave me an antacid, to see if it helps, because if it does, it might be an ulcer, and we'll probably be adding an additional antidepressant because the one I'm taking now isn't enough or something. I'm still having problems concentrating and it's driving me NUTS. I've made more mistakes on the meds for the residents where I work in the last few weeks than I did the whole rest of the time I worked there. Being absent minded is one thing, but when it starts effecting other people's health, it's time to do something about it. Needless to say, with the vitamins I was already taking, and the pills he added, I'm taking more pills every morning than any of my residents except for one, and I'm catching up with her quick. They think that's pretty funny though. I'm glad someone's laughing at the situation. Now I just have to figure out what I get to learn from this. Because if there's one thing I know, it's that you always have something to learn from every situation. No exceptions.

No comments: