“There's nothing to be gained by second-guessing yourself. You can't remake the past. So look ahead… or risk being left behind.”
-Vala Mal Duran

Tuesday, December 2, 2008

The Provebial Roller Coaster

Nothing annoys me more than life coming at you all at once. First, we had thanksgiving, which actually went off a LOT better than I had anticipated, which I was thankful for. Then we had my all nighter at work, which was crazy. In between 6am Thursday morning and 11:30pm Friday night, I got a grand total of three hours of sleep. I'm amazed I was still functioning and polite at the end of them. Then Saturday, I was able to go to the Jordon River Temple to do and endowment session, which should have been AMAZING, but I couldn't get in the right spirit, no matter how much I tried (it didn't help that I was so tired I was falling asleep periodically). Sunday I had work, got off late, went home and crashed instead of going to church. Then yesterday, I had to call in sick at work and spent most of the day on the couch, watching TV. Halfway though the day, my ex-boyfriend called me up asking if he could come over and talk. I'll admit, I was nervous pretty much the rest of the day and that mixed with the cold I still have didn't make for a pleasurable day, no matter how much I was enjoying drooling over Gilbert Blythe. The talk went down fine, and I needn't have been nervous, but you always are. "I need to talk with you" are scary words. Anyway, today I've been feeling the roller coaster doing loops all over. I got to take an hour long shower a little while ago, which made me feel absolutely great! But no I'm coming down off of the high and I feel like I'm hitting yet another low - the kind I had when I wasn't taking anti-depressents. I really hope that the derpression isn't pushing through the medication, but it sure seems to be. It seemed to be working for a little while, but I can't feel it anymore. It might be that I really need to be meeting with my therapist, but she can't see me until January. Not so happy about that.
I hope no one minds my rant. Writing always seems to help, no matter where or what about. And since my books don't seem to be going anywhere, I'll write here.
I'm thinking about moving to Alaska this summer to get a job. I'd be gone from the beginning of May to the end of September. I'm a little hesitant, because I really want to be here for the midnight showing of Harry Potter, but I'm not fure that's enough to make me give this opportunity up. I think it would be very good for me. I need to get more of the particulars, but I am seriously considering it. The only question would be, am I going because I want to go? Or am I going because I don't want to be here anymore? Who knows?

1 comment:

Aubstar said...

I actually don't think it really matter why you want to go.

Just that you go.

The growing experience of your mission was cut short due to circumstances beyond your control.

And now you are working through those, and perhaps getting out and seeing a different part of the world would not only be good, you may even find it revitalizing.

I whole-heartedly support whatever you decide to do.

(But I really think you should go!)