“There's nothing to be gained by second-guessing yourself. You can't remake the past. So look ahead… or risk being left behind.”
-Vala Mal Duran

Monday, December 29, 2008

Esophagogastroduodenoscopy

That's a REALLY long word for the procedure I had done this morning. It almost takes as long to say as it did for them to do. In lay man's terms, a doctor looked at my esophagus, stomach, and duodenum (the first part of the small intestine) to see if there was anything wrong with them. And the news is . . . there wasn't. They all look perfectly healthy. I even got pictures. Unfortunately, I can't put them here for your to enjoy, as I don't have any way to scan them in. :( I know you will all be very depressed about that. :D
It was kind of cool to be put under this time. This was a procedure that I had no desire to be awake for, although I wouldn't have minded watching the video, as they stuffed a tube down my throat. That would have been very uncomfortable to be awake for. It was kind of funny when the nurse asked me if I wanted a warm blanket to help calm my nerves. I guess most people would be nervous about that, but I wasn't even nervous when I was actually getting surgery, so this was absolutely nothing. She gave me a warm blanket anyway, which I appreciated, since I was actually colder than I thought I was.
So I've spent the day sitting around being really lazy since I wasn't allowed to drive anywhere for twenty four hours. The ironic part is that they also suggest that you don't make any important decisions or sign legal documents for twenty four hours either, but I'm actually more awake now than I was at 0730 this morning when they were having me sign legal documents. How's that?
So that's my excitement for the day (or month, really). Good times.

No comments: