“There's nothing to be gained by second-guessing yourself. You can't remake the past. So look ahead… or risk being left behind.”
-Vala Mal Duran

Monday, August 20, 2007

My Gallbladder is Gone!



Well, it's official. I no longer have a gallbladder. Or the obnoxious mole that was really big and sat just on the surface superficial to the gallbladder. The doctor didn't know about the mole before hand and had to ask my mom if it was alright if they took it off. She said yes, and when I found out, I was very happy. I'd meant to ask the doctor if he could take it off while he was right there anyway, but it slipped my mind. Before I was taken into surgery I was given basically flavorless Gatorade through an IV to rehydrate me. With all the sugar, I kind of went into a sugar high and was pretty hyper there for a little bit. It made my arm really cold though. I didn't mind, as they put a heated blanket over me. All in all, it was a very cool experience, and I will remember it for a long time, even if I wasn't able to get my gallbladder bronzed like Joe M suggested. Sadness. Oh well. Where would I put it even if I had? But, as you can see I did get some good pictures of it, and I also got a copy of the video. It doesn't have sound. But I already know what was going on, so I can put my own explanation to it.
I'm actually a little surprised at how good I feel. I'm not in pain almost at all, which is definitely nice. I am tired, which means that reading my books is proving slightly difficult as I keep falling asleep, but I'm doing it. Hopefully tomorrow will be easier.

Well, I'm going to go continue working my way through that stack. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like it really needed to come out! I am glad that you are feeling better. Please don't let me see the video. I will say eeewwww and many other words like unto it. ;)
Heather

Anonymous said...

Oh gross! I can't believe you posted pictures! :) I hope you feel better soon!