“There's nothing to be gained by second-guessing yourself. You can't remake the past. So look ahead… or risk being left behind.”
-Vala Mal Duran

Friday, August 31, 2007

YAY for insurance

Today I got the "itemized statement of services rendered" for my gallbladder surgery in the mail. It had all of the "services rendered" and how much each one cost. This is one of those times in which we are infinitely grateful for medical insurance. All together my four hours I spent unconscious in the hospital cost a grand total of $15,869.06 and I didn't have to pay any of it. Hallelujah! I definitely don't have that much money. I don't think if you added all of the money I've ever gotten in my life it would equal that. Maybe, but I doubt it.

So I'm trying to figure out why in the world I can't get really cool bruises. My sister, Angela, is always showing me her cool looking bruises (most of them come from colorguard - it's a dangerous sport) and I can never return the favor. It's not fair. Even when I kicked a cinder-block a couple weeks back, all that happened was a very small noticeable bruise and a red mark. Although it still hurts when bumped and I think I actually chipped the medial malleolus (that's the big bony bump in the inside of your ankle). It's got a bump on it that my other one doesn't. And I still have a little red mark. Then, yesterday, a coworker accidentally dropped a board on my ankle (other ankle - on the back) and it really hurts, but it didn't bruise practically at all. I mean, if you look really closely you can see it, but that's boring. Grrr. I only hope someday I will have a really cool bruise that I can brag about. Until than I will just have to find my enjoyment looking at Angela's. That sounds really mean. Trust me, it's not. You can even ask her.

No comments: