“There's nothing to be gained by second-guessing yourself. You can't remake the past. So look ahead… or risk being left behind.”
-Vala Mal Duran

Wednesday, August 22, 2007

I went a little to far

Today I'm not feeling so great. I don't care what the doctor said, I don't think all of the CO2 the pumped into my abdomen has been absorbed by my body.I can't lie down, I can't stand up. Sitting is fairly okay, but leaning back is horrible as well. I'm just getting a little tired. But I don't know what to do about it.

Heather, Aubrey and I went to the bookstore today. It is a great little place and I can't wait to go back when I actually have real money to spend. I finally found a book I've been looking to buy for years (literally) and was able to get it. It's one of my favorite books, but they had discontinued it, which had made me mad. Oh well, I found it at long last and am in the middle of reading it.

By the way, Trina, of course I would post pictures of my gallbladder! This is me we're talking about. I seriously considered putting the video on here, hindered only by the fact that I have no idea how. But if I did, it would be here. But hey, thanks for the puzzles and coloring poster! Isn't it fun to just act like a little kid sometimes? Especially when you've just gone through I procedure that no one should have to go through until they are a grandparent. It was a cool experience, but I think that it just hit me today whilst watching Scrubs that I no longer have a gallbladder. I know, I said that two days ago. But then it was just an offhand fact that had nothing to do with me. Now I can feel that absence of it and it hit me oddly. It was good to take it out, and I'm relishing the fact that I haven't had any of the pain I've lived with for so long and the only pain I feel is the result of the surgery, but it's odd to think that I don't have an organ that I've lived with for so long. It's a small insignificant organ yes, but MY organ nonetheless. Sorry, it just struck me as odd.

No comments: